Monday 21 October 2013

Aspergers and me

I recently discovered that I might be an Aspie. Reading through loads of Aspie stuff and I am pretty sure I have Aspergers. I haven't spoken about this to anyone yet. Not sure if I will ever talk about this to anyone. I think it would have been much easier to tell the world if I were lesbian. (Amma, if you were ever to see this, I actually am not a lesbian, -- this is just to make sure you understand it right!)

If I told my mother I was an Aspie, her reaction would be "So what is the big deal about it? I think I am an Aspie too (I would agree on that), and by the way, you know that cousin of yours, she did a great job yesterday, (unsaid words...."I know how you would never measure up to that!") blah ... blah... blah..."

My father's reaction would be "OK, so let's get an appointment with this great psychiatrist I know and see what he can do to help us out. But why on earth do you even think that you have Aspergers?"

My brother would be more like "Hey, I always knew your screws were a bit loose, so you just confirmed it, wow! "

My husband's would be the classic "So you have a baggage, it is you that has to unpack it. I can't help you in any which way. And by the way, I always knew you were wrong. So, may be can we have sex tonight? (yes,you heard it right!... like all roads lead to Rome, all conversations lead to sex, it doesn't matter what!)

So what do you think I should do? Who do you think I should approach?

No comments:

Post a Comment