Friday 4 October 2013

Dear Parents, you need to control your kids.... Sincerely non parents

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/09/15/dear-parents-you-need-to-control-your-kids-sincerely-non-parents/

This was the title of the above article. A real lovely article I should say.

I wish I could ask my mother to read this. She keeps complaining about my children all the time. What does she think I am doing? My children are lovely, a normal 4 year old and 6 year old and they do what normal children this age do. 

They play, sing, dance, read and ofcourse like all curious kids do they go and poke around things, which they think are harmless. And my mother thinks they are really really naughty.
  My son gets upset when he is hungry or tired. He throws a tantrum, but I think that is understandable.

Two weeks ago, I had a cranky daughter who was ready to sleep. She refused to brush and kept crying for everything. I was telling her calmly that she should stop doing all the drama and just go to sleep if she was tired. My mother who was half listening to all this and watching TV came storming into the room and told me that I should give in to her and lift her and get her into bed and stop being adamant. Uh? What does she mean. I guess the noise was a problem for her as it was stopping her from listening to her TV. When I told her that I would handle it in my way, she got so upset, she didn't talk to me for a full week.

The other day, it was my mother-in-law. I wish I had a way of actually ignoring them and continue doing what I think is best for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment