Thursday 24 October 2013

Why do they not listen to you amma?

My daughter's question this morning. "Why does your amma not listen to you amma?"  I had told my mother that I wasn't ready to eat four idlis and asked her to remove  one and my mother said that I should eat four. Funny, I am nearly 40 and my mother doesn't trust me to understand how much food my body wants.

Actually I was working for 14 years and I have handled big accounts while working. Nobody doubted my capacity to judge things, but when I am home, I am treated like a baby. They do not trust me to go to the shop and buy a Rs.10 biscuit packet! Be it my husband or my parents, the story is the same. I am sick of trying to fight this.

The other day, I was walking out to get a loaf of bread at around 6:30 pm, and my husband thought I should either take my father-in-law or sister-in-law with me. I wanted to get out for a breath of fresh air and wanted some thinking time alone. But of course people don't trust me. 

I know all children are babies to their parents, but I think this is a bit too much.

Am I the only one or do others go through this too? 

No comments:

Post a Comment